Senior Marine Engineer
Company and project description:
Our client is an independent dedicated engineering design consultancy, providing marine design and analysis services to the Marine, Offshore (FPSO’s, FSO’s, Platforms etc.) Renewable energy.
Scope of work:
• Undertake marine system design engineering consultancy duties in the shipping and energy sectors.
• Prepare Basis of Design, Calculation, Conversion and Refurbishment Specification, supervise and check PFDs, P&IDs, equipment datasheets
• Prepare a Marine System Business Plan by developing the marine system department, engineering tools and selling services to existing and new clients
• Ensure compliance with International Standards and client requirements
• Act as mentor for junior
• Provide assistance to company in undertaking survey and consultancy work as specifically requested, in particular shipping and energy related areas.
• Undertake onshore and offshore survey
• Provide assistance to undertake marketing activities relating to design engineering, shipping and energy areas of business, etc to assist in expanding and developing company client base.
• Represent the interests of the company engineering and our clients with utmost professionalism, integrity and confidentiality in all activities.
• Comply with the current version of internal procedures, guidelines, HSE and QA systems
Skills and background required:
• More than 10 years experience in shipping, energy sectors
• Previous experience in O&G Marine System conversion such as FPSO, MOPU, FSO
• Previous operation experience in shipping or O&G (Tankers, FPSO’s, Rigs)
• Familiar with design and calculation softwares is required.