Scope of work:
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
Will be responsible for the global performance analysis of offshore floating vessel concept configurations, sizing and design studies for drilling and production designs as well as client specific floaters, including semi-submersibles and jack ups. This includes the design, sizing and numerical analysis of motions, stability, station keeping and mooring systems using industry and regulatory criteria.
• Develop hydrodynamic panel models and perform first order vessel motion and second order
slow drift calculations
• Perform design and analysis related to stability aspects for floating offshore structures using
appropriate software according to various regulatory design codes
• Prepare and assess load cases for stability, lightship and strength calculations and weight control
• Organize and perform all necessary activities for an inclining experiment
• Assess results for a global performance analysis
• Perform hull concept configuration, sizing and design studies
• Develop initial station keeping sizing for dynamic positioning system
• Design mooring system including equipment sizing, cost and numerical analysis
Skills and background required:
• Experience with EPC contractor, marine contractor or consulting firm working specifically for the offshore industry.
• Experience in the areas of mooring system analysis and design, riser analysis and design, vessel stability and naval architecture.
• The candidate should have an adequate knowledge of major computer software such as
• The candidate must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and capable of multitasking, and exhibit effective written and oral communication skills. The individual must be able to work independently and within a team environment. Should be a self-starter and able to take initiative as needed.